Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

recently bought KE_12 speed graphic set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swifty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through gov't surplus I recently bought an olive drab speed graphic KE-12. Serial number is 892320. It came with 2 graflex optar lenses 127mm f4.5 (serial number 927136) and 135mm f4.7 (serial number G56284), both with in lense shutters, both shutters appear to work well and the lenses look excellent. Also got 2 #2773 flashes, one black and one silver and #2747 and 2749 reflectors. Also 2 1234 film holders with dark slides and 3 sheet film holders with film inside. It all came in a halliburton aluminum case (painted olive drab) with a tag saying signal corps KS-4A(1) graflex. Some odds and ends in the case also, a red filter and something looking like a flash head (Heiland multi socket) and a handfull of cables.

Could someone please help me in identifying the approximate mfg. dates of the equipment and a ballpark idea of the value of this set?

Thanks in advance! swifty
swifty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had several days to look through the forums and from what I can tell, my camera would fall in the 1953 to 1955 range if the government cameras follow the civilian models.

As far as the value goes, I have found some similar things on commercial sites to compare to, so I am good there also.

I still havent figured out how the heiland multi-socket works though. It does not have any apparent place for batteries, so all I can figure is that iit may work as a second flash slave may be.

thanks again. swifty
Les

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the multi socket looks like a cross, then it fits on top of the Graflite. Usually 3 5" reflectors are put on each of the sockets and 3 bayonet bulbs are used.

It was about the only means to carry enough light for 4x5 kodachrome (asa 3) and great for ektachrome at night.
swifty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like a cross. It is about 3" tall, has a female screw hole in the bottom that is the same size as a tripod mount and has the socket that I think fits the large screw type bulbs, like a 2773 without the right angle adapter. It also has (3) 2 prong electrical plugs.

Thanks, swifty
Les

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also called an extension. It allows you to shoot off two flash bulbs from one battery case. Put this one in the hands of your assistant off to your left and when the bride and groom come down the asile you can get a nice shot with a key light off to the left and fill the shadows with the one on the camera.

I do the same thing with my Hassy, radio Slave and a metz.
both Heiland and Graflex made them Graflex made them in both Graflex Flash and Graflite models. You can usually find them on ebay as "pocket saybers" originally they came with a clamp with a tripod screw on the end, so you can eliminate the assistant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: