Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflite Jr
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worldphoto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eveready #412 is the 22-1/2 volt battery I'm using in my BC cartridges. (Radio Shack RSU 99600437)

Okay, Stephen, the following info is based on Graflex "graflite Flash Equipment Guidebook" and my own testing.

1. When a series circuit has a break (an open)anywhere.... it is dead. Try taking one bulb out of Christmas lights wired in series and see what happens.
Page 19 of above reference indicates that at least one extension flash must be used when using the BC connector on the Graflite Jr.. And, if only using one extension flash it must connect to an N connector. You must close the circuit! If multiple flash units are used.... the last one must be with an N connector. You must close the circuit and don't forget about maintaining the same polarity throughout. The negative for the BC cartridge is at top of the flash nearest to the reflector.
Harry
Follow up.....
Morning March 26, 2003: I retested my previous results and both flashbulbs fired.
The connections were as follows:
Cable connected to bi-posts on my Graphic Supermatic (X) shutter (127mm lens), connected to Graflite Jr HH (HouseHold) shutter connection, Connected a cable with HH connection at both ends (One to BC Extension outlet on Graflite Jr and the other end to N Extension on No. 2776 extension tube), put 5" reflector on Graflite Jr and on 2776 extension tube, cocked shutter, and installed the two #5 flashbulbs. I then activated shutter release at the lens and both flashbulbs fired. Power? I used my BC cartridge in Graflite Jr tube.

To add more flashes: Add more #2776's between Graflite Jr and the end #2776 unit. They are connected via their two BC Extension outlets (series connections).
[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-25 22:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-25 23:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-26 08:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-26 08:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-27 19:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-28 09:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-05-05 10:59 ]
worldphoto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional item that may work with my previous notes. The end #2776 unit could possibly be replaced with an empty #2772 or #2773 tube with the black screw control set to "N" and use the parallel outlet Extension. I don't know of any replacement for the middle #2776's because the two BC Extension outlets are required (Possibly the No. 2778).

Due to the added height of the available #412 battery an extension tube Catalog No. 2774 is necessary. I will be happy to explain, in detail, how I combined the use of the #412 battery with the Graflite Jr/BC cartridge if there is any interest.

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-27 07:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-27 10:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worldphoto on 2003-03-29 15:45 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: