Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kalart focus spot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the focus spot a viable focusing aid even today? It makes sense & looks like it would work good, but are working versions available today in the used market? I know that much of the old electronic parts like lens solenoids haven't weathered the years as well but would still like to fool around with this focusing method. Are there any ways to "rig up" another light source (ie, pocket maglite or maybe even a laser spotter) for the RF?
danimal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola,
I like my Focus Spot. It's useful and there's really nothing about the device that wears out. So, in answer to your question, yes, it's viable.
I'm sure you could rig a laser pointer to one, no problem. A haolgen bulb like the maglites use would probably be a good modification, as well. Good luck with your hacking.
Dan

[quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: