Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can a crown front standard be attached to speed graphic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elijahlrc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:16 pm    Post subject: Can a crown front standard be attached to speed graphic? Reply with quote

I purchased a speed graphic as my first large format camera. I'm loving shooting with it. I would like to explore some of the movements available on the Crown Graphic. Is it possible to adapt a crown graphic front standard to the speed graphic?
hsandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Can a crown front standard be attached to speed graphic? Reply with quote

Within each generation, movements are the same for Speed and Crown Graphics. The Crown Graphic only existed in the Pacemaker generation. The way you phrased your question, I suspect you may have meant "Can I put the front standard of a Pacemaker Crown or Speed Graphic on an Anniversary Speed Graphic?". The Anniversary generation only consisted of the Speed Graphic with less movements than the Pacemaker generation Graphics. If that's your question, I don't know for sure, but I think the answer might be no, because the locking mechanism for the standard on the tracks is different.

elijahlrc wrote:
I purchased a speed graphic as my first large format camera. I'm loving shooting with it. I would like to explore some of the movements available on the Crown Graphic. Is it possible to adapt a crown graphic front standard to the speed graphic?
elijahlrc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Can a crown front standard be attached to speed graphic? Reply with quote

Gosh the naming is confusing. I thought that the primary advantage of the crown graphic over the speed graphic was the availability of tilt movements on the front standard? Is that not the case?

EDIT: Ok, reading the page on this website again I see what you were saying. Thanks for the info!
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crown Graphics and Pacemaker Speed Graphics are essentially the same. The big difference is that Speeds have a focal plane shutter and, therefore, a deeper body. The standards and backs are the same, as are the beds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: