Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sync cord question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
financephotog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Sync cord question Reply with quote

Hello!

Newbie here, just getting into this field.

I am getting a Crown Graphic, with a Graphex shutter, with a solenoid, and a Kalart rangefinder with the Focuspot. I am trying to figure out what cords I need to wire this with a two-cell Graflite flash.

On the flash side, obviously everything is household. On the camera side, the rangefinder seems to take a bi-post female (is this correct)? What about the solenoid? Is this a special plug, or is this what can be found on eBay as a "bi-post male"?

Other than that, I think I have it more or less figured out but could use some confirmation: solenoid goes to "sync" on the flash, and Focuspot goes to "battery" on the flash. Is that correct? Then one can use the button on the flash to trigger both the flash, as well as at the same time the shutter through the solenoid, right?

Thanks so much! This will be such a fun project for me. Super-psyched to get into this.
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://paramountcords.com/
The shutter uses a BiPost connector. I din't know what the solenoid connection is called. Some electric shaver cords will fit it.

The household connectors on the Graflite are polarized. The factory cords had the cord going downward out of the plug. The bottom side is + (positive).

http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/GrafliteManual.pdf
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/GrafliteService.pdf
financephotog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, @45PSS! These are great sources.

Looks from the pictures like the solenoid plug is a bunch wider than the bi-post, and if you say it's like a shaver plug, that would indicate the same thing.

Paramount Cords seems to make solenoid-plug cables, so probably best to just order one from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: