Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newer lenses that fit nicely in a 23 Crown / Century

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velostiraptar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject: Newer lenses that fit nicely in a 23 Crown / Century Reply with quote

There is an abundance of 105/5.6 lenses out there. Perhaps sadly, way more common than 100/101/105 Ektars in good condition.

Will the 105/5.6 Fujinon W and Nikon W lenses actually fit into a 23 Crown and allow it to close? What about the Rodenstock Sironar N 100/5.6?

I figure a skilled tech (who I fortunately have access to) can calibrate the Kalart RF to one of these exotic lenses. Is it similarly possible to do so for the scale on the focusing rail?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scale on the bed was cut for a specific lens. Any lens that optically measures the same as the one the scale was cut for will match. Any lens that has the same nominal focal length as the one it was cut for will vary at close distances depending on the difference between the nominal and optical values.
There is a number on the back side of each the bed and rail sections of the focus scale. This list is for the bed section http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/Grafscalst.gif and the rail section is matched to it but there is no record available for the match or rail part. A decimal point is assumed to be in the variance between the digits.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried the 105/5.6 Fujinon-W. It fits.
grat

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Fromm wrote:
I've tried the 105/5.6 Fujinon-W. It fits.

I know it's an older thread, but it seems to be the best place to ask-- Does it make sense to do?

I've got a 101mm f/6.3 optar, but I've also got this mint condition Fuji NW 105 f/5.6 (the little guy with the 46mm filter thread) sitting here.

I'd like to know opinions on how well it works before I dive into re-calibrating my rangefinder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: