Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lensboards for later model 4x5 speed graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktm_2000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: lensboards for later model 4x5 speed graphic Reply with quote

Hi All,

Over the years of owning my mirrorless full frame digital I've acquired a few large format barrel as well as some enlarger lenses and have cobbled together adapters to use them. I would now like to be able to put them to use on my speed graphic. None of them have the same size mounts so I'd probably want 5 or more lens boards to start off with.

Are there any recommendations for whom to purchase lens boards from?

Is there a way to fabricate a "cheap and dirty" lensboard? that would be good enough to figure out if it covers and take a few test shots with a lens before investing more resources on a proper one.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site SEARCH - lens boards - check all the terms - select Speed Graphic Help for the forum and leave all other options at their default. Should produce 89 threads/posts.
ktm_2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mom worked in IT while I was growing up and I heard the line alot.... but she said it in a slightly different way R T F M, aka "READ the Fing Manual" I wont write out the misspelled word in the middle.

I'll search and find what I need
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I has used ABS Plastic, Black Acrylic, and Baltic Birch Plywood to make lens boards for a Kodak Commercial View 8x10, Pre Anniversary Speed Graphic, Miniature Speed Graphic, and a Super Speed Graphic. Somewhere in one of those post I described how I did it. 1/4 inch thick material is best. Its been a hundred years since I made a lens board and the gears are rusty and I'd likely leave something out if I tried to restate it and I not a good typist.

Ifin limiting the search to the Speed Graphic Help section does not render the results then try all fourms.
Graflex Corp. cameras were laid out with an engineers rule. ALL measurements are in inch, tenths, hundredths, or thousands of an inch.
AnselMortensen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try using some black 4-ply mat board and some black masking tape/ black gaffer's tape.
Cheap and dirty, works great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: