Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Century Graphic service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnus919

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Century Graphic service Reply with quote

Hello. I'm not terribly good with my big hands. I'd like to send my Century Graphic 2x3 to someone who's known to do good work on these. I recently picked this camera up from the local shop. Are there still people out there who are known to do good work on the baby Graflex?

I need to get the lens/shutter CLA'd. Almost all the speeds sound slow for sure. Lens is Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 3.5/105 in a Synchro-Compur-P shutter.

I'd also like to make sure the Kalart is in good shape and calibrated. There's a twist on that last part: I only have a roll film back, no ground glass, so I think I need to either find a ground glass focusing screen for it or a repair person that can work with this as it is. Since I can only focus this with the Kalart, I'd like to get it looked at before I start shooting with it.

There's a Graflex RH/8 (6x9) roll film back on it, which is just how I wanted it.
FarmPhoto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check this out - https://www.graflexparts.com/
Seems like he is awfully dedicated and skilled. I am going to send him my Supermatic soon.
Magnus919

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had already talked to him. He said he won't touch these.
Sirius Glass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 45PPS, he has done great work for me.
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to take on repair work after the first of the year but it may be June 2020 before I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: