Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shutter speed Adjustment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgvbobcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Shutter speed Adjustment Reply with quote

I have a Graflex Super Graphic, with a 135 f 4.7 Optar Wollensak lens. the shutter is Graphex. my question is simple the shutter speed adjustment is marked up to 400 but only moves to 120 is this normal? or is it just age the lens looks and functions in all other respects perfectly. I have taken and printed several pictures which have come out fine, I'm curious.
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speeds from 1 second to 1/100-1/125 are controlled by the cocking spring tension and the timing delay mechanism, above 1/125 a booster spring is employed with the delay locked out. 1/200 adds about 1/4 of the booster spring tension to force the shutter closed faster, 1/400 applies full tension of the booster.
With the shutter in a released state turn the speed setting ring with as much force as necessary to reach the 400 position. Normal force is 5 to 10 times more than 1 to 200.
A factory service manual for the Graphex is available here:
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/GraphexShutterService.pdf
if you want to open it up, moderate difficulty for experienced repair people, slightly difficult for the inexperienced. The assembly steps for the #1 shutter are in incorrect parts assembly order, the #2 and #3 instructions are in correct parts assembly order. The 135mm is in a #2 shutter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: