Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vitar Anastigmat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
78ltd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Vitar Anastigmat Reply with quote

I just recently purchased a 3 1/4 by 5 1/2 Vitar Anastigmat lens in a Bausch and Lomb Compound shutter. The lens is listed as having a FL of 6 3/4 inchs and has a serial number of only 494. There are several listed on ebay also with low serial numbers. I can also tell it's a Celor or Dogmar construction of 4 airspaced elements. Other than that I can find no info about the lens either on Camera Eccentrics catalog page or on Google which wants to know if I meant "Vivitar lens". Anybody know the maker? Any history of it? Is it mentioned in the Vade Mecum?
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vade Mecum: Vitor- Ducati of Milan, Italy for 18x24mm, Vitax- Wollensak, and of course Vivitar.

Edit:
Lots of vintage catalogs here: http://piercevaubel.com/cam/catalogs.htm
The B&L Compound does not show up in their catalogs until 1909. They are making Zeiss formula lens from around 1900.

Likely a rebadged lens by a company like Burke & James or a company that had little popularity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: