Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mamiya-Sekor 65mm for Century Graphic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljclark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Mamiya-Sekor 65mm for Century Graphic? Reply with quote

My big questions are:

1. Can the Mamiya-Sekor 65mm f/6.3 be taken out of the Mamiya focusing mount and installed on a flat Century lens board?
2. Will the Century fold with the Mamiya 65mm mounted?
3. Has anyone else tried this?
4. Oh…How’s the lens?

I gather that the 65mm Angulon is most common lens for this application, but the Mamiya-Sekors seem pretty common on eBay.

Background: I’m in the process of kitting out a Century Graphic that I purchased about 3 years ago. I have an 80mm Xenotar for a walkabout camera with 6x7, a 100mm Xenar for 6x9 ground glass work, and several film holders for each. Both shutters were CLA’d. It has the Kalart RF, and the ground glass.

A Century was the first “real” camera I ever used, back when I was a high school freshman at the beginning of 1966. Over the years I’d seen a couple of Centuries at camera shows, but what was interesting is that when I got mine home in 2014, all the muscle memory was still there. I even went into a closet, turned out the light, and went through all the drills. I hadn’t operated one since 1969.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I haven't done it but it should be possible.

2) I haven't done it, probably should fold.

3) Not that I'm aware of.

4) I've never tried one, have read that it isn't particularly good. The same is true of the 65/6.8 Raptar/Optar (I disliked mine) and 65/6.8 Angulon.

You might want to read this http://www.galerie-photo.com/telechargement/dan-fromm-6x9-lenses-v2-2011-03-29.pdf and take a look at this https://1drv.ms/x/s!AggQfcczvHGNkFAX-mLyj6QZlHeQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: