Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex Graphic View 5x4 camera

View previous topic :: View next topic  
demachy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased what appears to be an almost new Graflex 'Graphic View' 5x4" camera, but it must be 45 years or older. There wasn't a lens board fitted and the board size appears to be 100mm x 100mm, can anyone confirm this before I start searching for lenses with or without board attached. I live in the UK and no-one here knows much about this camera or suitable boards (panels in the UK). I work in 10x8 or larger normally (making non-silver and other alternative process images) but couldn't resist buying such a beautifully made camera - truly a work of art!!!

Thanks for any advice.
Les

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graphic view used 4" boards (or 101mm panels )
the Kodak Master view in 5x4, and the grey Calumet (aka calumet 400) all used the same cast board/panel

the board had a slight rebate on the edge to keep the dark in. In a pinch you can make a board from wood, but it's still best to find the metal boards.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meridan 45B uses the same size boards. 3/16 or 5mm thick ABS or Acarlic in black works to make boards from. ABS is flexiable and easy to work with. Large lens might need an extra layer. Acarlic is brittle (breaks easily when cutting or drilling) and the side facing the GG needs to be sanded, but is very rigid. Bottom lip should be beveled at a 45 degree angle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: