Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

doggone cabel release!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmaurice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Crown Graphic 4x5 with a kodak ektar 127mm lens. It seems that attaching a cable release to the lens is a real bear. There is no room above the solenoid to fit my fingers, and when I finally get the cable somewhat started, it will occasionally fall out. I use a dime to manipulate the threads on the release to try and get it tight.
Is there an easy way to do this? Should I remove the solenoid? Is there some type of extension that can permenantly screw into the lens that couples to the cable release?
Mama Mia!!!
steve@toprinting.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mama Mia!!?

Hey. Watsamattt-u? U gota da fata fingas?

Hesa watz u doos. U skruz inna lida CABLE RELEASE ADAPTER. Itsa bot ona inz (1" - size does matter)long. Ana leeva da ting ona lenz. F'oeva. Den skruz inna CABLE RELEASE inna da ADAPTER.

Submitted with great respect for my Italian friends. Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself. :>))) :*)

[ This Message was edited by: steve@toprinting.com on 2002-03-20 16:21 ]
cmaurice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grazi, Grandma Gagliardi woulda been proud of your broken Eye-talian,
RichS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An alternative would be to use something like the Gepe Pro Release Wide Angle Cable Extension # 603007. There are two kinds. One, a rigid metal elbow that needs quite a bit of room. The other is just a very short cable release extension (noted above). It needs very little space and is about 2 1/2 inches long. Screw one enbd into the lens and leave it there. The cable release is then screwed into the extension when needed. Works great. I think it was in the 10.00 range? As I remeber, I got mine from Camera Collectors ( http://www.camera-collectors.com/ShopSite/index.html ) and I've seen them at other dealers...
crbrelativity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem until I noticed that my crown graphic has a cable release hole on the body trip lever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: