Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflite question about extensions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles46277

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Graflite question about extensions Reply with quote

I have one 3-battery Graflite. I have two inexpensive unbrella stands with flourescent 110 bulbs, house current. If I do NOT plug in to AC. and switch to a regular Edison socket flash bulb, couldn't I just connect the Graflite as usual and then plug the unbrella stand into the Extension socket on the Graflite? I have not found an extension tube to add a battery to the battery case, but three batteries are rated for the main plus one extension. Also, does anybody know on the Graflite plug-ins whether the positive polarity is the up or down slot?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/GrafliteManual.pdf

http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/GrafliteService.pdf

These should answer your Flash questions.

More Graflex manuals available at
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/graphicmanuals.html
Charles46277

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No--I looked there first. They did not tell me about this or about polarity. They did say how to test polarity if you have two Graflites.
Charles46277

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait--I see how I can connect the focal plane shutter to the Graflite--then use Extension or Solenoid outlet for the other flash stands. But I need to figure which prong of the Graflite plug (up or down) is hot, or the bulbs will fire when inserted. I think my neighbor can test this with tester?
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No--I looked there first. They did not tell me about this or about polarity.

But the service manual does.
The instruction manual says to connect the cords with the wire pointing Down.
Look at pdf page 5 of the service manual. Being you are not familiar with schematic diagrams, on the left center it shows 2 D cells on one diagram, BC Cartridge on the other. The long line of the battery symbol is + (positive) and the short line under it is - (negative). One long line and one short line pair are a cell that can be any voltage. The top diagram shows 2 cells, the BC Cartridge shows 4 cells. The long line with progressively shorter lines under it is ground or common usually the metal chassis of the device which is the flash synchronizer case.
The lower contact of the plugs is + the top is -.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: