Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lens board for graphic view camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdemachy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: lens board for graphic view camera Reply with quote

I have a pristine Graphic View II in original case along with other accessories but no lens boards for the 7x5 lenses that I presently use, I don't want to cut some mdf but does anyone know a possible supply, I think the board is 4" square? Help please, no one in UK can help! I should have posted this to the View help , sorry but new member.

Dem
William Hallett

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the standard Graflex C lensboard as used on Anniversary Speed Graphics, then they're easy to make. You need a 4" square of 1/8" thick wood with a slightly smaller square of the same thickness glued behind it to fit in the light trap. I've used 1/8" basswood (limewood, in the UK) from the model railway supply, but an even better material is high grade birch plywood of the sort that is sold in hobby and craft stores. If you don't have a lathe to bore the hole, you can cut it out with a fretsaw and finish with sandpaper.
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count your blessings. The lensboard on my Century 2x3 is flanged (light trap). I wish I could simply cut a flat piece lensboard for it.
William Hallett

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can. I made a successful wooden lensboard with no flange for a 4 x 5 Pacemaker - it's basically just a scaled down C board. It seems that the second layer of wood extending into the lens standard is sufficient to provide a light trap.
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, worth a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: