Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Standard Spring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandonium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Front Standard Spring? Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've been looking over the Pacemaker of mine and there were two things that appear to need attention. Both seem fairly simple fixes if I can get my hands on the parts.

1). The camera is missing one of the screws on the distance scale (the one next to the front track, not the one that matches up with it that sits on the track itself).

2). The lock down screw that allows the lens board section to slide up and down would not tighten. It's the one where the shutter cable is mounted. In digging deeper it appears that there is a spring that this threaded stud is paired to. This stud is broken from the spring. The other side is perfect. Is this part the same across most models of the speed graphic? How hard would it be to locate just these two small parts?

I can provide pictures if necessary.

Many Thanks
Brandon[/img]
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/servicemanual.pdf then go to pdf page 36. Is the part(s) you need index 1 knob-clamp; index 13 plate assembly-front frame clamp; or index 6 through 10 the attaching parts for a lensboard lock?
Brandonium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, on page 14 (IV Front Standard) - index 1 and index 13.

45PSS wrote:
Download http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/servicemanual.pdf then go to pdf page 36. Is the part(s) you need index 1 knob-clamp; index 13 plate assembly-front frame clamp; or index 6 through 10 the attaching parts for a lensboard lock?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will most likely have to rob the parts from a parts camera as NOS parts are rare. The end of the stud is staked to prevent the knob from unscrewing off the stud. You will need to turn down the end of the stud to remove the knob without stripping the knob or twisting the stud off.
Brandonium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, therein is my issue. The stud has separated from the metal and the threads on the knob (or on the stud itself) are stripped. I'm working to separate the knob if I can but the stud is toast.

45PSS wrote:
You will most likely have to rob the parts from a parts camera as NOS parts are rare. The end of the stud is staked to prevent the knob from unscrewing off the stud. You will need to turn down the end of the stud to remove the knob without stripping the knob or twisting the stud off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: