Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear track out of mount. Help please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zstrawphoto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Rear track out of mount. Help please. Reply with quote

Hi,

I was given a Crown Graphic as a present yesterday. I'm incredibly excited to use it, but it was given to me with the front lens panel off the tracks.

After learning that I could lower the infinitly stops on the tracks, I could place the lens back on the front track assembly. Now I have found the real problem: The rear track assembly (in the camera body) sits higher than the front (door) track assembly because the rear track has become detached from it's mounts. The right side mount appears to be chipped, but I may be able to place the track back in the mount. This causes the camera to not be able to close, as the lens panel cannot transfer from the front to the rear without removing the front lens panel from the tracks. (Which is why the previous owner had the panel off the track)

I have detached the bellows from the lens panel, as detaching the bellows from the rear of the camera seemed a little risky to someone with as little experience as me. Now I am going to try and remove and reinstall the entire track assembly. Is this the right course of action, or am I making unessesary work for myself? Also, is there something I should know before removing what appears to be the front (door) track assembly screws?

Also, can a replacement track mount be purchased?

Thank you for your time and help!
Zach
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop. You're making too much work for yourself that may not be necessary.
Instruction manual for a side rangefinder Pacemaker Crown or Speed Graphic: http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_5.html
Instruction manual for a Top rangefinder Crown or Speed Graphic: http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_4.html
Each page has to be saved to put them on your computer.

With the bed dropped to 45° turn the focus until the rear section is clear of the bed. Align the rear yoke section with the bed guides and turn the focus until the yoke is fully in the bed guides. It may be tricky as there is just enough room to do this. Return the bed to 90° and run the yoke inward and check the alignment with the body guides. The rear yoke section should go in without shifting in any direction.
Download the Side RF service manual: http://www.graflex.org/manuals/45-Pacemaker-Speed-and-Crown-Graphic.pdf or
The Top RF Service manual: http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/servicemanual.pdf depending on the version you have. The bed will be the same in both, the rear bellows attachment and body guide blocks changed during production which both styles are covered in the side rf manual and the top rf manual only has the latter design.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: