Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Compact Graflex 5x7 repair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skuuterboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Help with Compact Graflex 5x7 repair Reply with quote

I have acquired an old and junky 5x7 Compact Graflex and I am going to attempt to restore it to working condition. Does anyone here have instructions or diagrams for servicing this camera? I am not certain how to deal with the second shutter curtain mechanism and am also having trouble getting the mirror to move forward to the viewing position when the camera is opened. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
thanks.
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_8.html
or this sites version linked at the intro to this section will cover the operation of the camera.

The second shutter curtain mechanism is a capping shutter. I have no experience with them. It may be preventing the mirror from returning to the viewing position.

This site does not host images or pdf files so leave me your email address in a post here, in a private message, or add it to your profile and I will send you the Graflex SLR servicing information and the capping shutter information I was provided by the retired member that had serviced them. When and IF I encounter a capping shuttered camera then I will refine the information as I have for the basic SLR servicing.
Pawelslaby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,
I know it's quite old thread, but I'm looking info about compact graflex repair as well as I'm about to start repairing mine. Any help
would be much appreciated. Regards
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the Graflex Shutter Servicing and Capping Shutter Servicing PDFs at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sPJkp-MdghRkRId1EwT0dpNkk/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-JlLEG0Yi_nEVpc73579Mpw
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sPJkp-MdghWV8xSkFvZ2NBRmc/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-gRYIUcmGpO5CGER5XgQh9Q

Last edited by 45PSS on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Pawelslaby

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Thanks K you very much. I have total of 17 graflex cameras that I've hoarded over the years. Including 4 compacts that need servicing. This will help me greatly. Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: