Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex Super D Focal Plane Shutter Servicing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
horsemilk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Graflex Super D Focal Plane Shutter Servicing Reply with quote

I bought a Super D 3x4 with the intention of converting it to 4x5, but it has some problems with the shutter. Unfortunately no one here in London, England seems to have any experience with them at all. If anyone here has some expertise (or knows someone else who does) I'd appreciate it.

The shutter aperture wasn't winding (anti-clockwise) at all, so I removed the shutter assembly and loosened the big nut (see attached picture) a couple of turns with a flathead screwdriver. This stopped impeding the shutter wingnut, and I reassembled it.

I managed to get the shutter curtain in the right place so that O, T, A, B, C and D on the mechanism all line up with the correct apertures. The speeds seem correct too, all except for 1/30, which is a curtain aperture of A, and Low tension. This speed runs seemingly correctly, but the aperture doesn't quite complete it's run to the bottom of the focal plane. It stops about 1-2cm short. It seems this is a problem with the spring tension, rather than the positioning of the focal plane cloth, as the placement seems correct for all other speeds and settings (such as A and High tension). As well as this, the spring tension seems weak at this setting, and the wingnut needs a little nudge to move on to O from T.

Is there a simple way to adjust the spring tension or solve this problem?

In addition, if anyone has any simple guide to attaching a 4x5 Graflok back to this camera, while maintaining as much frame coverage as possible, that would be my next line of inquiry.

Thanks for any help!
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the details on your APUG post, no need to repeat here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: