PhotoLobotomy
Joined: 09 Oct 2026 Posts: 1 Location: West Chester,PA
|
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 1:37 pm Post subject: Eastman View No. 2-D (5x7) - help dating/replace bellows |
|
|
Hi all,
I just picked up an Eastman View Camera No. 2-D and could use some help.
The nameplate reads: "Eastman View Camera No. 2-D, Manufactured in U.S.A. for Eastman Kodak Co. by Folmer Graflex Corporation, Rochester, N.Y., U.S.A." There is also a small "3361" stamped vertically along the left edge of the plate, and I don't know what it refers to.
The serial number is stamped in the wood on the leading edge, under the bellows, and appears to read 174737.
It's a 5x7, and the back looks original.
My questions:
1. Can anyone with access to the serial number book give me a manufacture date for 174737? I'd also love to know what the "3361" on the nameplate means, if anyone knows.
2. The bellows is badly deteriorated and needs to be replaced. Does anyone have the original bellows dimensions for the 5x7 2-D, or know of a bellows maker who has built one for this model? I'm also interested in how the original was attached, and whether it's worth ordering a longer one than stock.
I'll post photos if they'd help. Thanks very much for any information!
PL |
|