Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I redo my View Cameras article?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GerWP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Should I redo my View Cameras article? Reply with quote

Hi, fellow Graflex fans!
I wrote the article on the Crown View, and the Graphic View and View II over a decade ago. I did it because people had nowhere to look for the info on the view cameras. And because I love the cameras! Since then, I have learned more, including the info you have supplied here. For example, the paint on the Graphic View cameras is said to be called "hammertone." The cameras shown in the article are mine. The Crown View shown in the article has the less common satin chrome hardware. I now have a nice brass one, too. The Camera Eccentric site has a scanned version of the 1941 Graflex catalog. 1941 is one of the two years that the Crown View and Graphic View were both sold, and they are described in detail in the catalog.
I want the Graflex.org article to be the definitive word on these cameras. Maybe it already is.

Best regards,

Gerald Pierce
Jim C.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason not update the article you wrote, any info acquired since
you wrote the article would be a valuable addendum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: