Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

blackmilitary Anniversary Speed Graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cchaven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: blackmilitary Anniversary Speed Graphic Reply with quote

I'm new to the forums and have two Anniversary Speed Graphics...one is what appears to be a military version...totally blacked out with the exception of the two rings on the front of the Kalart rangefinder. It's in pretty rough shape, it's serial# 338582 suggesting it's from 1944? It has a black Kalart with a serial# D13111, whereas my 1941 Speed has a silver Kalart of Serial# E63332. Oddly, the 'C' lensboard from my 1941 Speed doesn't fit the black 1944 Speed...it won't push back to lay flush..but a heavy metal lensboard and a homemade lensboard I have both fit both cameras. The 1944 came to me without a lens and right now I have a 1943 Kodak Anastigmat 161mm 4.5 barrel lens mounted on it on a very heavy metal plate lensboard. It seems a bit fitting since that is the lens one sees on pictures of the K20. It has a rough, spackle type finish between the lens rails. It has a Graflex back on it.
bruiser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cchaven and welcome!

Your all black Speed is from c1944 and could well have been military but as all (later) 1942 - 1944 Speed Graphics had black metal hardware (civilian and military) it's a little difficult to pinpoint its background.

See if you can find for it a black (Signal Corps) or silver faced Supermatic shutter with a 127mm Ektar, serial number beginning with EM or EE. That will give you a correct outfit for that time.

To get a few ideas take a look at the military cameras page on my site: http://graflex.coffsbiz.com

Cheers,
Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Military Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: