Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shutter release cable and Crown Graphic 4 x 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmaurice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a devil of a time getting my shutter release cable to depress the shutter button on my Crown. I have played with the adjustments, and at the moment the only way to get the shutter to fire is by smacking my palm on the release plunger a few times.
I am using a 3ft plunger type cable release. Is there any way to make the shutter release button a little "looser"?
alecj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-23 11:40, cmaurice wrote:
I am having a devil of a time getting my shutter release cable to depress the shutter button on my Crown. I have played with the adjustments, and at the moment the only way to get the shutter to fire is by smacking my palm on the release plunger a few times.
I am using a 3ft plunger type cable release. Is there any way to make the shutter release button a little "looser"?

I'm not sure I understand what the shutter "Button" is you refer to. How are you using the cable release? Are you attaching it to the body release, or directly to the shutter? Give us a few more details, please.
cmaurice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

........persistence.......
After much futzing around with the camera(I was using the cable release on the shutter button on the body) I discovered the hole in the lens shutter for the cable release which had been partially hidden by the solenoid. Problem solved, end of story.
I'm still new to this camera (35 4 x5 sheets) so far.
alecj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was hoping for you to find. That body release is hard enough to use just using your finger. I can imagine what a time you had with the cable release. Glad you solved it. Enjoy your camera!
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it all worked out for you. There have been other Graflex owners that have been too quick to tear their camera or lens apart... me included. If you have a late model Crown or Speed.... 1955 and later... I have Service Instruction & Parts List Manual on my web site. It is 40 pages long so I have only uploaded about 8 pages because I'm running out of free web space. The index page is on the site. I have scanned most of the pages and have them stored on my hard drive. So if you need a page or two I can get it to you.
http://www.angelfire.com/art/architecturalphoto
Each file is very large, so be patient!
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.craigcamera.com/lit_graflexrepair.htm

If you want a book of your own tip.
----------------------------------------------FYI
_The cable release assembly is one to two paragraphs per page spread out over 4 pages covering bellows, bed, and front standard, removal, installation. Most scan in at 1.5mb.

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2002-02-24 22:55 ]
cmaurice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the advice. I have a reprint of the Crown manual, and 2 general camera repair texts. That and having played with all of 26 of the cameras in my collection, I am fairly versed in finding my way around cameras....
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And which board do I need to change to get the meter in my FA working?

cmaurice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pondering becoming a camera repairman. I spoke with an old timer that still does repairs on modern Minoltas. He says with the knowledge of electronics you have to have to repair a new camera, you can make a lot more money elsewhere in the electronics industry.
I guess you gotta really love it to wanna learn to do it these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: