Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Busch infinity stop adjustment; Vue-focus secondary mirror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john wilton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Busch infinity stop adjustment; Vue-focus secondary mirror Reply with quote

I'm embarassed, but I can't figure out how to loosen the infinity stops. The screws are set deep inside the stops. They have no slot to accept a screwdriver. There are tiny central holes in the tops of the screws but they are round (not hex for an allen wrench).

The secondary mirror on my Vue-focus (the tiny one on a stalk mounted coaxial with the viewfinder) has tarnished so that the RF spot is brown and a bit hard to see. I tried gently wiping it with distilled water, this neither improved or worsened the situation. (The large primary mirror is bright and clean and not the problem). I imagine resilvering (if possible) would be very expensive. A replacement stalk with good silvering would presumably be hard to find. If all else fails, would it be out of line to consider crazy-glueing a tiny rectangle of first-surface mirror to the stalk?
Les

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either they WERE hex screws and somebody has been messing with them or they could be spline head screws Kalart used a spline head screw to lock the the interior arm to the transmission shaft. A bright flash light and a mirror may allow both the light and your eyes to be in the proper place.

Spline screws & wrenches (they look like allen head wrenches) are used in refrigeration industry and may also be available through micro-tools or small parts.com
john wilton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les, very hard to see or photograph, but easier to see in a photo. Sure enough they are hex, hopefully in good enough shape they'll take a wrench. Presumably an American (not metric) size?

Les

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'd bet they're hillbilly Americun.
graphicdave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look closely at the pictures, you can see the sides where the tool would enter the set screws. They don't look like they have been butchered. I believe if you can clean the gunk from them you can get the proper tool in there to loosen them.
aoresteen

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record the infinity stop screw size is a hex size 0.050 inch SAE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: