Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x3 hp5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeykoder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: 2x3 hp5 Reply with quote

Is it still produced and if it is where the heck to I find it (in the US). Freestyle doesn't carry it B&H doesn't carry it adorama doesn't carry it I'm assuming it isn't produced anymore?
mopar_guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: HP5 Plus Reply with quote

Monkeykoder,

My summer 2008 catalog for B&H lists 25 sheets of HP5 Plus in 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 for $19.95 but I just checked online and there was no listing. Have you tried calling the store and talking to a person.
I just checked Ilford's website and this size is listed with a catalog number 1629145.

Regards,
Dave
David A. Goldfarb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&H was carrying it fairly recently, but try The View Camera store. They're one of the merchants handling Ilford's annual special order and are stocking more unusual sizes. A few of us ordered FP4+ in 2x3" as part of this year's special order--

http://www.viewcamerastore.com/
monkeykoder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the HP5 is insanely expensive I guess that is what you have to pay if you special order something. I guess I'll stick with the arista and the efke.
ki6mf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: HP5 2X3 Reply with quote

I just ordered some through Freescale. They were able to add my order to their restock order to Ilford. A special order is the only way to get this size film as far as I know. There are other makes of film in this size available from several sources including Freescale.

Ilford does continue to produce and ship HP5 world wide. When you order provide the Ilford SKU # 1629145.

Here is the Ilford Web site product page current as of June 2008:
http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/200866151713767.pdf

Ilford lists HP5+ 2.25x3.25in 25 as USUALLY IN STOCK WW for world wide.

The Yankee Cut Film Sheet film developer will accommodate 2x3 to 4x5 film too. I got one new for $25.00 at B&H.

The bad news, if there is bad news, is the cost of the film is basically the same as HP5 in the 4X5 size. Also you do need to have your special order added to your suppliers order and there can be a delay as the retail store has to place, receive, then re-ship to you. I would order several boxes to make sure you have enough on hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: