Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MPP Micro Technical Mk. VIII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Furley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: MPP Micro Technical Mk. VIII Reply with quote

I've just been given one of these by the college where I work. It seems to have been one which originally had a rangefinder, but this is no longer there. It had been dismantled, and was very dirty, the rails were almost completely buried in dust. One of us (IT technicians) used to be the college photographer, he has been there for almost twenty years, and he doesn't remember it being in use. The ground glass is broken, the shutter is sticking, and a few minor parts are missing, but nothing serious. The lens is a 150mm Xenar. It's a pity I didn't get it a bit earlier; I'm going up to North Yorkshire for a few days the weekend after next, but I won't have time to get it usable by then.

It's an interesting camera, very long bellows extension for something which folds up so small, and unusual to see rear movements on a camera which folds up into a box. I believe this was a Linhof feature.

Has anybody had any experience of these? I've got a few small parts left over when I assembled the thing which I haven't been able to identify yet.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, there's an MPP Users Club. In the UK, where there are clubs for everything, of course.

I don't know what's going on with their site, whose URL is http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/ . At the moment it is advertising a camera fair. The membership page seems correct, see http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/membership.htm So is the company history page, http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/company.htm

Anyway, I think you'll get better advice and help there than here.

Good luck, have fun,

Dan

Thinking of clubs for everything, perhaps 30 years ago I read a letter to Motorsport's editor. An owner of a Monica car, of which three examples had been built before the company failed, was seeking the owners of the other two so they could form a club.
Stephen Furley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I found that site yesterday; the fact that the front page is still advertising a camera fair from last year, and has no links to other pages, is a bit worrying.

The page which I found, via Google, is this one:

http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/microtec.htm

There is some technical information, but it's a bit limited. I don't know if the club is still active; I might e-mail them and see if I get a reply.

I see that you joined just three days after me, and on my birthday!

Whereabouts in New Jersey are you? I've been over there several times, mainly to visit the Loew's Jersey Theatre. I stay at the Ramada hotel in Jersey City, just a couple of minutes walk from the Theatre, and the Journal Square PATH station. I've also been to Hoboken, and down to Rahway and Trenton, and then on the River Line to Camden, and also to the Lafayette Theatre in Suffern, ok I know that's not in New Jersey, but it's only a few hundred metres over the border on the NJ Transit Main Line. I also know Newark of course; I couldn't really not know it, since that's where the airport is.

I was last over there in May 1996; since then poor health, lack of money and being too busy at work have prevented me from coming back; maybe later this year.

Stephen.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, I just tried the MPP Users' Club site and it seems back to normal. I have no idea what hit them yesterday.

I'm in Cherry Hill, a suburb of Camden.

Cheers,

Dan
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saufen wrote:
When I was at college I didn't have time for photography actually. There were so many different tasks to which I couldn't allocate enough time. But I was lucky to bump into Assignmentman because this is a writing service company where you can order essays, dissertations, coursework, and other stuff.

ATTENTION MODERATOR! SPAM ALERT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: