Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 1/4 X 4 1/4 roll film back for which camera?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 roll film back for which camera? Reply with quote

I picked up a 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 Graflex roll film holder/back model 1915 recently and I'd like to know which camera(s) it will fit. Inside it says it takes No. 51 Eastman Graflex film, which I am thinking is 119 film. Thanks.
disemjg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that back, and a sealed roll of film, too (expired in 1933). The back will fit any Graflex (reflex) 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 camera, which covers a lot of territory. Just a couple of examples would be an RB-Auto or an RB Series B. Look over the reference material on this site to find more cameras, or perhaps get a copy of "A Review of Graflex" which is a good reference. I do not know how long Graflex made the back, but it was probably made for a good many years. The same roll film back design was made in other sizes; I also have one in postcard size, 5 1/2 X 3 1/4, and another in 2 1/4 X 3 1/4. Doubtless there was at least a 4X5 size as well.

While I am not sure, I think the film is unique to this holder and is not a renamed standard film such as the 119 film you mentioned.

John
Les

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about Graflex 51 being the same as 119 film. I do know that Graflex film was 'reverse wound" So they maybe the same width, but different paper.
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated.
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link that mentions the "reverse wound" theory: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/tphs-filmnumbers.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: