Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Optar with graphex shutter XM synchro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyrio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Optar with graphex shutter XM synchro Reply with quote

I have an f4.7 135mm optar with synchro switch. This has a two prong connector. Is it possible to use this with a modern electronic flash. If so how?

Frank
Les

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the shutter end you'll need a bi-post cord. Paramount sells them (www.paramountcords.com) Set the shutter delay switch to zero (no off, but 0). The other end of the cord needs to connect with your flash. You'll know better than I what that takes.

Most of the bigger flashes have a house hold or "H prong" socket and even a vivitar 283 can have a household socket attached to it. If your flash is a houshold and you don't want to pop $20 for a new Paramount cord, head over to you local Salvation Army and check their electric shaver junk box, most shavers use a cord that will work. I know my braun cord does.
C. Henry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les knows and you probably know that 0 shutter delay is often called X sync.
If your shutter sync switch is marked "X" and "M" use the "X" setting for electronic flash.

C. Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: