Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Singer/Graflex Strobe 250

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcorbin@bigsky.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have or know of a source where I might purchase a singer/graflex 250 strobe in good working order?? Or, does anyone know of a camera tech who fixes these?

Graflite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had good luck with acquiring several Singer-Graflex 250 strobes on the e-??? site and have been lucky so far with working units.

In case you're not familiar with the units, here is some info you or others might find helpful.

The 250 line had two strobe heads with handles that would accommodate either a Graflite or Honeywell Battery Case Clamps: the Strobe 250 (flash tube with reflector) and the Globe Strob 250 (bare bulb flash tube).

There were two types of battery packs made: the HV (high voltage) pack which held a PF-497 510 VDC dry cell battery, and the RG pack (rechargeable) which held a Ni-Cad battery.

The battery packs for the 250 are the same size, but the circuitry in the upper section of the packs is different between the HV and RG, also the reflector unit had a detachable power cord, but the bare bulb unit had a wired in power cord.

I have a strong background in electronics and I repair my units for myself, but not as a business, as there is little demand for it, but if it helps any, the part that usually goes bad first is the Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor in the handle and then the Dipped Polyester, Radial Lead, Film Capacitor on the circuit board (the Globe Strob has no board, per se).

You don't say whether you have a unit or if it is broken, if you have a broken unit I have the schematics and the parts list for the items you might need, and can send them by e-mail if you wish.

Good luck with your search.

crvogt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find graflex 250 units on EBay from time to time, or sometimes at local camera shops that handel used gear.. Look for one of the RG units with the rechargible batteries (The Nicads can be replaced)
, since the HV batteries are Expensive (>$90.00) and hard to find.
http://www.newark.com/find/Description.jsp?sku=49F1139

I have also repaired my own graflite strobes, and have repaired them using parts scrounged from other units. Spare heads are around for the HV units since not many want to spend the money on the battery.

Some of the 250's in my collection.
http://home.rochester.rr.com/carlvogt/grafstrobe.htm

Carl@carlvogt.com
http://www.carlvogt.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: