Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Bellows 'Bulldog' camera kit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Furley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Camera Bellows 'Bulldog' camera kit. Reply with quote

I bought one of these at the 'Photographica' show in London a couple of weeks ago. There was a special show price of 100 pounds.

http://www.camerabellows.com/Bulldog.html

In the USA it's sold under the Lee Filters name; there's some connection between Lee and Camera Bellows, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

http://www.leefiltersusa.com/PDFs/Camera/LEE_Bulldog.pdf

I haven't quite finished building it yet, so I can't comment on how well it works. The design has been changed, and improved' slightly sinde the picture on the Lee site.

The kit includes everything except glue, lens board, lens film holders and polish/paint/leatherette or whatever else you want to finish it with. It does include a pinhole.

All 'wooden' parts are actually MDF board, and are laser cut. all metal parts are supplied finished.

I doubt that it would stand up well to heavy use, and the movements are a bit basic, but at that price it's worth trying.

I can see a few modifications that I'd like to make, but I'll comment on those when I've finished building it.
Stephen Furley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera is now finished; I don't have a proper lensboard yet, but I made one out of cardboard just to try it.

I left a sheet of Polaroid in it, uncovered, for about five minutes, and then processed it without exposing. Totally black, no sign of any light leaks. I then took one picture of the very unteresting view out of my bedroom window, and it seems to be ok.

I'm too busy to take any proper pictures with it yet, but should have more time next month, by which time the two lens boards that I've ordered should have arrived.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: