Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

65 or 75 wide angle suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'll agree on that one. I'm surprised really. Have to admit that I don't like this shutter at all. Too hard to read & set the arperture and very difficult to see the speed. Not even easy to set & trip, although a cable will always be conected for obvious reasons... But at the costs, I won't be looking at replacing it any time soon And it is accurate! On the other hand, how often will I really be using a 65mm? Then again, it's getting warm out and good scenics will be here soon...
But I may have to give up the lens for a while. Turns out to have something inside the front element. I won't say the dreaded 'f' word, but there's a ring of haze maybe 2mm thick all the way around the inside element. Not separation, more like residue from a sloppy cleaning. Not that bad to affect the performance all that much as I don't think the light passes through that outside area anyway. But I would like to get it cleaned. Depends on the cost. I may wind up trying to pull the front element myself. It's in there pretty good though For what it is and what I paid, I'm happy at the moment, and for me that's all that counts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: