Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jammed tension knob

View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturallight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several dozen flawless exposures, my "new" 4x5 Super D developed a problem with no apparent forwarning: the tension adjustment knob jammed at the lowest setting and will not rotate. If I push in and hold the tension release button I can feel it engage with the knob and turn a barely perceptible amount (less than one degree). I have the Romny booklet on the Super D and see a photograph of the tension knob's gear witht he two crimped teeth, but there is not enough information there to tell me what to expect if I remove the plate holding the knob, or what the knob's gear is supposed to mesh with. I have seen the instructions on this site for readjusting the tensioning spring; I may need to do that after I've opened the camera, but I believe this is fundamentally a gear problem. Can someone suggest how I can fix this?
Thanks
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nat,
Email me at

bsaunders1@bak.rr.com

I will send you instructions for removing the tension plate and adjusting the tension!
Have a nice day.....Bert
naturallight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert: Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. My problem is solved, and I appreciate your sharing your expertise.
Sincerely, Naturallight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: