Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The King of the Oscars!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graflex Sid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To think years ago the Speed Graphic would have reigned supreme at the famous Academy proceedings.
I suppose it could have won the title as the most popular camera on any red carpet.Take a look at any movie clip throughout the 20's, 30's,40's & 50's,and the camera that you saw was the dear old Graphic complete with flashgun and bulbs.

It's been the most prolific camera in history,and taken center stage at the World's greatest events.

A pure and simple camera that produced results.A fitting tribute to a classic of our time.

Come on History Channel,this deserves a Documentary for sure!.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, there was a History Channel film crew at the last WW II re-enactment I was at. They didn't show much interest in my black Anny, but shot about 10 minutes of footage of my 1942 Coleman stove brewing coffee in the field.
Go figure.
A Speed Graphic documentry is long overdue.
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a history show special about a year ago, that the graphic was very prevelently shown it, it was something about the famous photographers of the past, and started out with the pictures taken of the Hindenburg(SP) blowing up, they had quite a nice bit of information about the photographer and the equipment he was using, very interesting, it would be nice if they would show it again..

Dave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: