Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks again & a question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago I started looking into the Graflexes for an entry level LF camera. So, after haunting the old helpboard for a while, I fanegeled a Crown graphic with a Kalart RF & a 6 3/8" Optar lens for very little (thanks Les for the Oscar Madison allegory, it's definitely not as pretty as it could be, but it works.) I've been having a bit of fun with it for a while now & I'm wondering about when it was "born." Ser #884435. From what I gather, this is an early Crown and I'm not sure if the lens is original. 6 3/8" Optar, no flash synch at all (not to worry, I'm mostly outdoors anyways, but a newer W/A lens is in the budget) and the RF was synched to a very different lens when I purchased the camera. Thanks again and the site keeps getting better.
-Philip
Les

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your camera was part of 3000 built as a lot starting in June of '53. I'm guessing it was probably made in late '53 or early '54. That's not exactly early for Crowns, since they started in '47, but is running as 'late' for the non top rangefinder Pacemakers, since they came on the scene in '55
LelandRay

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anywhere online for researching serial numbers? Mine was manufactured in Rochester, serial #905217... it's the Pacemaker model, I believe. (Focal plane shutter and Graflok back with top mounted Graflex rangefinder.)
Les

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've found the online research facility for serial numbers . Your serial number was entered as part of 3000 numbers on 5/12/55. It's an educated guess that yours was made during the last half of '55 since your number was close to the begining.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: