Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Graflex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary C

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently inherited a National Graflex. I was able to identify it from my copy of Graphic Graflex Photography. I am having difficulty opening the body of the camera, as though I was going to load film, and would like to check with someone familiar with this camera. There are two sliding buttons on the bottom of the camera. I assume that sliding them to "O" means open and the "C" means closed. However, the bottom won't come out after I slide them to the "O" position. There is also a sliding button on the right side with a red windows that displays either a "C" or nothing. I don't know what the purpose is of this side button. Is there something more I should be doing other than sliding the two buttons on the bottom? The bottom isn't budging so I suspect there is something else that I need to be doing. Thank you.
Les

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope somebody can answer accurately, as I don't have a Nat'l Graflex, but I would think sliding the chrome piece to the "O" position would be enough. The sliding button on the back merely puts a metal curtain behind the red door so light won't fog the film.

The only other thing I can think of is a pin that holds the film spool in place may have to be pulled in order to open the door. It doesn't seem likely though.

Les
disemjg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two buttons on the bottom are indeed the back release. Slide them to "O" and the back should slide off.

I seem to remember that when I first got the camera the buttons were very stiff and did not want to release. Work at them and wiggle the back and it will eventually come off. The buttons have male plugs that slide in the sheetmetal base of the camera, and they could easily bind in their slots if they have not been moved in many years. You can also try rotating them as they are supposed to spin freely.
Gary C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your suggestions worked, thank you for the replies. The buttons were stiff and the way I was holding the camera was keeping the base from sliding away from the rest of the camera body.

I would have responded sooner but I was having troubles signing onto this site for quite a while. I'm not sure what was going on, but this is the first I've been on-line here for a while.
Thomas Evans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: National Graflex Manual Reply with quote

Mike Butkus has made a copy of the National Graflex Manual available at his website http://66.49.230.119/pdf_files/national_graflex_ii.pdf and only asks users to consider a donation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: