Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Century Rangefinder (6cm x 8cm Singer Roll film back)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger Bleaney

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone advise a complete beginner to this type of photographer on how to set up and recalibrate the range finder?
I am not sure of the significance and correct setting of the small locks that prevent the lens panel from being "over extended" on its rail. Similarly, the correct settings inside the rangefinder remain a mystery. The camera was purchased and is used in England. Many thanks for your interest.
Les

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep looking around this site. somewhere in here are complete (okay Bert,mostly complete) instructions on both Kalart and now Hugo rangefinders. It's not difficult, but tedious.
Les

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere on this site are complete (okay Bert, mostly complete 0 instructions for both the kalart and now the Hugo Meyer rangefinder. It isn't difficult, but it is tedious.

the Stop on the rails are a reference point for the rangefinder. With the rails rolled all the way back, the rangefinder and the lens must be focused at infinity. The stops allow you to pull the lens to that position and know without looking at the ground glass, that it is at infinity.
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger--I have a complete set of instructions that I can send via email, on the Kalart, side mounted RF. These instructions are step by step, for the Pace type RF's---and if these instr. do not cover the particular RF that you have, will dig out some older instr. and/or talk you thru the proceedure!
Will be changing my email address, so should be able to post it on the helpboard, on/or before wednesday! Bert
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger--Your email address wont go thru, so please email me
bsaunders1@bak.rr.com
Roger Bleaney

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-11-19 11:20, bertsaunders wrote:
Roger--I have a complete set of instructions that I can send via email, on the Kalart, side mounted RF. These instructions are step by step, for the Pace type RF's---and if these instr. do not cover the particular RF that you have, will dig out some older instr. and/or talk you thru the proceedure!
Will be changing my email address, so should be able to post it on the helpboard, on/or before wednesday! Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: