Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dust in film holders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwbehan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard somewhere of a product called GoJo that can be used to minimize static-electricity charges in film holders (particularly the plastic dark slides), as a means of reducing dust problems. Can't recall the details though. (Middle-aging memory, I guess.) Any help on this? Or other slick ways of reducing dust?

Les

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now that's a new one! I suppose cleaning with gojo may help but I certainly wouldn't put it inside the holder. and don't polish it off with a wool or polyester rag. I wipe my holders down with mineral spirits. Cleans off the grease pencil notes too.

A few guys on the Largeformat list serve blow off the holders and then keep them in ziplock bags. Others have found a ziplock bag made for the computer industry that's anti static.
alecj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brush mine thoroughly with a Zone VI anti-static brush before I load them. I tried the zip-lock bags but that seemed too much work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: