Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New York user group?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davebias

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to initiate a "user group" of sorts here in NYC... Actually meet some of you cats face to face.

Are there enough of us Graflex.org members here in the metropolitan area to meet occasionally, talk gear, have some expensive coffee and maybe shoot some film?

I figure if there are even five of us, we could meet at a nice mom-and-pop diner once in a while... Hell, if it's only about 5 of us, I'd invite you all over to my apartment in the East Village... I make a mean pot of coffee and I could even whip us up some crudité.

One of my best friends, Michael Macioce, teaches Darkroom Technique at the New School. He loves to talk and would definitely come along as our first "guest" if I asked.

Whaddya think? Any takers? Jersey and Long Island folk - make a trip into the city!

If you're interested and/or near the city - send an email to me@davebias.org and I'll get the ball rolling.

davebias

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know - I'm still interested in doing this.

no really, I am, and I feel like there's just gotta be somebody in NYC who wants to get together and chat about the death of film and planned obsolescence and hating George Lucas, or whatever gets talked about in user groups. I don't know... I've never been much of a joiner, so I've never been in any user groups...

We could call ourselves GRAFLUG - the GRAFLex User Group. (somebody's HAD to have used that already, right?) I could make us some t-shirts! We could come up with a theme song!!! Yeah, ok, maybe not.

What DO user groups do, anyway?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: