Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rangefinder cams (part two)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LelandRay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Rodenstock 135 lens with a very recently CLA'd and repaired shutter, and I'd like to put it on my Speed. About the only thing that's stopped me is that the only cam I have handy is for a 132mm. So how far off is focusing going to be? I really didn't want to go to the trouble of setting my infinity stops if rangefinder focus is going to be iffy.

Les

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd set it up and check.

With the camera on a tripod find a nice infinity target, something 1/2 mile away is nice.

Now with a loupe on the ground glass, nudge, cajole, teak the front standard to were the infinity target is sharp when the standard is locked down. Make a pencil mark on or put masking tape accross the rails to act as temporary infinity stops.

Now rack the standard out so you can put the cam in or do this ahead of time. Check to see if the ground glass and the rangefinder agree-with infinity -they should since the rangefinder point for infinity is always the same.

Then trapse around the yard targets at different distances and look at the and see where the GG and the rangefinder start to depart.

Also when they finally do start to diverge, stop down the lens a bit and see how much that helps. It might be possible that this cam might be soft at wide open when the subject is closer than 15ft but by f8 you could get sharp rangefinder photos down to 8ft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: