Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

backs backs and backs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modernista

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two 4x5 Auto graflex cameras which I use with darkslides. One has the sliding metal strips set at an angle and the slides that fit one do not quite fit the other.
What I would like to do is convert both to take the spring type ( Graflok ? graflok ? ) back so I can use regular 4x5 film holders but most of all a 4x5 polaroid holder.
Is it possible to buy a conversion back - I am sure I have seen them on ebay cameras but do not know what they are called.
Any advice on this would be welcome and I would love to finally understand the variations on Graflok, graflok, graflex backs.
Micah in NC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know if you've seen this, but this page details the difference between Graflex, Graphic, and Graflok backs:

http://www.graflex.org/speed-graphic/features.html#GraflokBack

I don't know much about Reflexes, but a Graflex back on a Reflex should be just like a Graflex back on a non-Reflex (Speed Graphic) Graflex.

--Micah in NC

[ This Message was edited by: Micah in NC on 2004-04-28 13:39 ]
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1). What are the manufacture dates of your cameras OR what are their serial numbers? The serial number is embossed along the edge of the view hood opening close to the latch, or behind the top of the view hood on the view hood door.
2). You may have a camera with a Graflex designed for Plate holders and a camera with a Graflex designed for Film holders. I have an Auto with the Graflex Plate style and yes there is a film holder that will fit it. I modified mine to accept standard Graflex Film holders after I found that a Graflex Grafmatic was too narrow to fit the locks.
3). Bert won't tell you how to do anytrhing here except to email him so, email bert saunders at bsaunders1@bak.rr.com
and go buy a dozen jelly jars
Charles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: