Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Graflex

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a unit with the only markings of "Auto Graflex". Am I right in assuming this is a 1910 camera?
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For gosh sakes, Cabin, can't you read? How hard IS it to read the headings and put your inquiry in the RIGHT forum?

Here's a hint: CAMERAS

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2003-10-07 12:46 ]
Jack5541

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After receiving such a rousing welcome to Graflex.Org, Cabin's first post here is likely to be his last. Perhaps since he is new he can be given a pass? In a way, we are all newcomers here constantly living, learning and discussing.
Les

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Cabin,

The quick anser is no. Graflex made one model called and RB Auto graflex from '06-'08 and another called the Auto Graflex from '06-'22/23

If you could give us a bit more info...such as the manufacturer's name it will be helpful. I know you're scratching your head but the company that made Graflex cameras went through many name changes. For instance "Folmer and Schwing Mfg Co. New York, New York" would be early, Folmer and Schwing Department of Eastman Kodak Co. would be late.

And while Alecj is still on his fraying leash, it might be better if you posted your answer in the "Reflex Cameras" forum under the "Camera" section.

Les

Moderator.
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I was a bit harsh. For the tone, I apologize; for the substance: NEVER.

Les

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a fault with the helpboard software, it shows up here. There isn't anyway I can move this thread to the proper place and leave a link/trace/track/shadow behind that says, "It got moved"

So I'll leave it here for a few days to give him a chance to see the responses and then move it to the Reflex forum.

One thing I must say, if I was a newcomer, I might not know that an Auto Graflex was a 'Reflex" camera.

While I know we say, "Here read the whole site, then post" I know I've posted on other forums without reading all of the 'read me stuff ' too.
RichS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-10-07 18:34, Les wrote:
...snip...

While I know we say, "Here read the whole site, then post" I know I've posted on other forums without reading all of the 'read me stuff ' too.

If we all read the 'readme's and faq's and researched and owned books, etc, there would be no reason to post at all and no place to post it. And I, for one, would be very bored and probably not have bought a Graflex in the first place...
Spoken as one who has asked many questions (some very dumb) that could easily have been answered by reading through this or that...

alecj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, you guys. You can't seriously defend this. Why have forums at all? Do you just want to read EVERY message anybody posts on ANY subject? I sure don't.

These excuses remind me of those made by current educators: "Don't worry if you don't get the right answer, Johnny. We're just glad you're here with us." Hogwash.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, I, for one, like to read every post by everyone on every subject. Do I need to get a life, as has been suggested? This IS an integral part of my life...and, I for one, am very forgiving of those who, for whatever reason, are trying to inch their way along in a new frontier. We can't all be super-dooper in every thing we do. AND, I truly enjoy Alecj's spirited responses to those who are having a little difficulty finding their way around. And, yes, I agree with him...if you want to play the game...learn the rules. But, if someone is genuinely having difficulty with the rules...GENTLY point him or her in the right direction. This is called TEACHING. Don't beat him or her up, for God's sake! Fred.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Fred!

I was gonna stay out of this one, but now it's happened once too often.

I think Cabin can see, if he/she is still with us (I hope so), how the majority of us line up on the issue.

Cabin, it's not your problem! Please don't let this rude experience spoil the fun of Graflex ownership.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2005-12-26 19:49 ]
clnfrd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, everyone, didn't mean to bring God into this. Just a figure of speech. Also, didn't intend to ruffle any feathers, especially Alecj's....was merely intended to be a generic statement. Fred.
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem here, Fred. I love the give and take and try to share what little I know, as I'm learning from the postings. I don't hesitate to speak up, and expect others to do the same. Alec
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to read through this forum and have learned a lot from it. However, it seems like there are a small number of people who make most of the posts and some of you are unnecessarily rude. There is no other way to say it.
Les

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Cabin isn't responding, and the rest of this thread has nothing to do with the original post, I think we will just leave it at that...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: