Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

120/220 film developing in New York - which lab to go?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please advise good and cheap lab in NYC to develop medium format film, c-41 and e-6
petelush

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bring my 120/220 chrome to the local drop (general store, not a camera store) for pick-up by Kodak. Comes back looking good, wrapped around a cardboard core, sleeved in something between plastic and cellophane. No reason to pay a hotsy-totsy photography store a premium, in my (limited) experience. However, when I once indicated a push process they developed it normally, ruining the film (got underexposed image, of course). This was ISO 100-1000 film, which I normally shoot at 100, and they don't foul up in that case, but did when I wrote in "Special Instructions" ISO 400.
blowupinc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we do in house black and white, C-41 as well as E-6 and we serve nation wide. We also cross prosess and do modified process for c-41 and e-6.
I do not recomend one hour labs. Their developer is hotter so they can speed up the time. This is not what Kodak recomends. You do get what you pay for

http://www.blowupcolorlab.com
________
Opel ohv engine

Last edited by blowupinc on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie, you did say "lab in NYC," but if you're willing to trust your film to USPS, I can heartily recommend Dan's Camera here in Allentown (that's "only" 90 miles west of NYC). Dan's processes in-house all my C-41 b/w chromogenic and E-6 'chrome, returns it uncut and sleeved in a reusable plastic lidded box; prices per 120/220 roll: $4.00/$5.00 for C-41, $4.95/$9.90 for E-6. Push/pull and quantity discounts available. See http://www.danscamera.com .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: