Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll film backs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtwo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize ahead of time that this is somewhat off subject but I am sure some members of this board are familiar with RB67 cameras. Will the RF backs for 2x3 work with the RB. I know that some Mamiya backs will work with a 2x3 Graflok. I have a couple of nice 6x7 backs which would be nice to be able to use on an RB if that is possible. They are Singer backs and in nice shape.
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is ......Yes, with some loss of functionality of the RB such as accidental double exposure prevention, shutter lock when darkslide is installed, Graflok slide locks not released when darkslide is installed, making mid roll back changes more difficult, and the Graflex backs do not have the unexposed/exposed window that the RB back has. I suspect a 6x9 back might have problems also.

mtwo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That answers the basic question. I have access to an RB and it would have been nice to be able to do mid roll changes rather than having to burn a whole roll while using it, beast that it is. May try it anyway just to see how it compares with my Century for functionality. I'm always looking to expand my stable of cameras. Really need to get rid of a few before wife decides to lighten her burden by getting rid of me.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mamiya RB is a heavy beast more suited for tripod work than hand held. I sold mine (cost of lens and accesories influnced my desison), and a portrait studio at the nearby mall uses them.

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2003-05-02 19:08 ]
mtwo

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since both film and processing are relatively cheap I tried the old RF backs on an RB67. The interlocks to prevent double exposure, shutter tripping with the dark slide in, ect do not function with an old back installed. The insallation is just like that for a Mamiya back. Mid roll back changes are not only possible but easy. The sole draw backs that I see are the same as using an RF back on a Graphic. You really have to think. Film winding and slide removal are not thought about for you as they are with the Mamiya backs. That said, all the drawbacks associated with Singer or Graflex backs still apply, shoddy spacing, poor flatness and no source of new parts. Too bad I did not get a chance to try an RB back on my Century. Sure enjoyed using the camera though. Results were pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: