Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex film plate holders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyzphoto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By mistake I have acquired some 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Graflex Plate type II holders. I was looking for cut film holders. Is there any practical use for these plate holders?
xyzphoto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I respond to my own post? Have been snooping around the web and if I understand correctly, these film plate holders will accomodate sheet film if a film sheath is inserted. Is this correct. If so, are film sheaths on the market?
xyzphoto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the interest of sharing info with others who might be new to Graflex like myself, am posting one last time on this topic. After a few mistakes I thought I had learned all there was to look for in buying film holders for my D series camera -- the film holder needed to be "slotted" and marked Graflex (not Graphic). Not so. The Graflex plate type II holder meets these two criteria (and even has the same pat. no. as the film holder), but is thicker than the film holder. The extra thickness obviously was to accomodate plate film. The plate holder will accomodate cut film "if" a film sheath is inserted in the space designed for the plate. The sheath is a thin, flat metal holder for the film, holding it in proper position for focusing. The sheath looks a lot like the septum used in the film magazine, but they are not interchangable. I was fortunate and found sheaths for my plate holders, so now they are usable. I have no idea as to the availability of sheaths. I think I got lucky.
worldphoto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Others have made the same mistake, thanks for the info.
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: