Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information on View Graphic II

View previous topic :: View next topic  
astewart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few questions as I am new to LF.

I have been offered a mint View Graphics II camera and have just started studying photography.

What I need to know is whether or not it will do the job.

I need it for Landscape and product photography most importantly food photography.

I would also be interested in a manual since I can't seem to find one to download.

All help appreciated.

Thanks
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your good fortune! A mint Graphic View II is a dandy gift to receive. I would say that for product (studio) photography the GVII is just what you want. As for landscape, you'll probably find it a bit on the hefty side compared to a field camera, but aside from that it's got all the movements you'll ever need. I would hazard a guess that it would be just about perfect for architectural work, too.

You can purchase the instruction book (reprint) and service manual from the following source:

http://photobooksonline.com/books/userbk06VC.html

http://photobooksonline.com/books/manual03CAM.html . Item no. 90023x
hwbookout

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet, go to http://www.southbristolviews.com, Photography, Manuals, and download the GV & GV II manual for nothing in .pdf format. I printed it out & it's great! I discovered the pleasant way that Rich doesn't mind at all an email of appreciation for making this scan available on his website!
Henry

[ This Message was edited by: hwbookout on 2003-02-19 16:50 ]
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two manuals for the GVII: the instruction manual, which is short (7 pages) and the service manual, which is 32 pages. "Astewart" didn't specify which one he wants---possibly he isn't aware that there is more than one. The download from southbristolviews.com is the service manual, not the instruction manual. The latter would perhaps be more useful to someone who is just starting out with a view camera. At some point, though, he will probably want both.

[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2003-02-20 04:02 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: