Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need case for GVII

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked recently about a soft case for my GVII. Never did find anything that I could afford and then other priorities took over... But now things have changed a bit. I just received a 'new' GVII in good shape and ready to work. But no case... So...
Does anyone know of a case; new or old, hard or soft; that's reasonably priced that will hold a GVII. Preferably all put together, including the tripod mount?
I'd love to get my hands on another Graflex original case, but I haven't seen one available since I can remember...
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks,
Rich...
crvogt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I picked up a proper Fiber Case for my GVII on Ebay, I used a Large Plastic Toolbox. Make some careful measurements (or take it with you) to a Building Supply, (Lowes, HomeDepot, etc)See if you can find one that fits.

Carl@carlvogt.com
http://www.carlvogt.com
RichS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tool box? What a great idea! Never thought of it. Dividers would be easy and they're in my price range, more or less...

Thanks Carl!!!
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a great Toyo View case that fit the Graphic perfectly, it has all the padding and everything you would need to store boards, holders and a host of other things, total price with shipping was only about $80.00.

Strong enough for my 225lbs to jump up and down on!

Good luck

Dave Parker
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2005-12-26 18:25 ]
RichS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm looking for and in my price range, but they're all too small. They come close if the tripod mount is removed, but I really don't want to do that. So a case would have to be at least 14 inches high. The original is about 14x10x20 and is a snug fit with no foam at all. But the camera is held tightly in place between hanging on the dividers and the tripod mount pressing against the top. So a little searching is still in order... Thanks...
RichS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-12-08 17:33, Rangemaster wrote:
I picked up a great Toyo View case that fit the Graphic perfectly, it has all the padding and everything you would need to store boards, holders and a host of other things, total price with shipping was only about $80.00.

Strong enough for my 225lbs to jump up and down on!

Good luck

Dave Parker

Didn't mean to ignore this one, just took time to check into it... Nice cases, but way beyond my price range new. So used is another search & wait... But at least another option. Size is still the big question as I want to keep the 14 inch height so I don't have to remove the tripod mount. Or maybe I'll just have to rethink that?
Unfortunately, it all might have to wait because I managed to impulse-buy a spare Speed today. Good price, but it wasn't in my budget...
Thanks...
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of some sort of sports bag. I think a GV II would easily fit one of the bags I saw a few days ago. They were 24" long. Hang some dirty socks on it and nobody will steal it-) Price was fairly cheap but it's a few inches too short for my calumet. Right now I'm thinking about a hockey bag but I was hoping for the lighter sports bag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: