Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

body shutter release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timeitniear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the winter, I would like to do some work on my 4x5 pacemaker. This first thing is that I would like to fix the body shutter release. The cable and attatchment to the front of the camera is missing. Also the switch on the side of the camera that allows selection from rear and front shutter will not move. Second my side mounted Karart rangefinder does nothing when I attempt to focus. Does it just need to be adjusted, or is something else wrong?
tks
tim
Les

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've never had a Pacemaker with a decent body release, I'll let others tell you how to fix it.

The kalart rangefinder might have a couple of things wrong with it. First look at the long lever inside the body that touches the eccentric that's fixed to the focus rails. If all of those things are there and they don't rub or hang on the body, the next place to look is inside. Chances are good that the half silvered mirror is more window than mirror and needs to be replaced. Remove the screws that hold the body on and take a look under the hood. if the top mirror is no longer a mirror then you'll need to go to http://www.edmundscientific.com and buy a small sheet of 50% transmission mirror and cut it to fit. Do a search on the helpboard for more specifics as this has been brought up before.

Les
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your repair will require a bit of chit chat....email me at
bsaunders1@bak.rr.com
I will send some photos if necessary to figure out what is wrong with the side switch......you must use 2 fingers to force the sw against the body, then push to the desired position, as there is a built in catch to keep it where you put it! The side release cable will be harder to find, but there are a couple of posibilities! Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: