Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pacemaker 2X3 body release problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbachofen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow the body release won't pull down the lever that actuates the front shutter. The rear shutter _will_ work. My belief is the little piston-like thingy attached to the vertical member is kaput inside. Is there a way to remove this? Look inside? I can't fully unscrew the rise knob to take off the brackes securing it.
Bachofen
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2X3 is like the 4X5; A cable connects to the side shutter release lever and has a "C" shaped spring attached at that end and all attach via wood screws; on the other end the cable is crimped into a plunger (The Thingy) to which the trip lever and guides are attached. Cable could need cleaning/lubeing; cable attach screw at trip lever loose or spring loose. Cable frayed and draging inside housing.
This is on of those things that buble gum won't fix.

alecj

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubble gum - no. Fred Lustig - yes.

He fixed the release on my 45 Crown. It took a new cable. Works as good as the day it was new. Not expensive either.
mbachofen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both very much. If I push down on the top of the screw and turn, it contacts the cable somehow, but I'm wondering how it attatches inside the plunger? Too, does Fred Lustig have an email address, I found his other information. Bachofen
alecj

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Fred does not give out his email address. He'll be glad to take your call. Interesting guy to talk to.
mbachofen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable inside the long spring was severed somehow. It must be replace, as I can't figure out a way to connect the severed ends. Thanks for your help.
Bachofen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: