Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Century Graphic accepts these two lenses?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paoduce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thanks to anyone who might assist me, a new Century Grphic user. The Schneider optics vintage lens page says the flange thread for the 165/6.8 Schneider Angulon in Compur shutter is M58 x .75. Will this lens fit into the lens board of the Century Graphic? I measure the inside to inside lip of the lensboard at about 61mm square, give or take. Same question for the 203/7.7 Ektar in Number 2 Supermatic, no flange info available-sorry. Thanks again, Dick Williams
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-10-22 22:55, paoduce wrote:
Hello and thanks to anyone who might assist me, a new Century Grphic user. The Schneider optics vintage lens page says the flange thread for the 165/6.8 Schneider Angulon in Compur shutter is M58 x .75. Will this lens fit into the lens board of the Century Graphic? I measure the inside to inside lip of the lensboard at about 61mm square, give or take. Same question for the 203/7.7 Ektar in Number 2 Supermatic, no flange info available-sorry. Thanks again, Dick Williams
Um, I don't think that y'r Angulon will fit conventionally mounted, with mounting flange behind the board. But, if you really want to use it on y'r Century, you should be able to make (or have made) a flange that will attach to the front of the board; then screw the shutter into the flange.

I can't address this from my own experience, but I believe that the 203/7.7 in #2 Supermatic will fit normally.

Cheers,

Dan
Les

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to old Kodak data books, The original outside flange diameter for the 203 is the same for the 105, the 127 and the 100 WF--- 1 15/16 or 49.1mm .

the hole should be 1.5" or 38.1mm.

So it will fit. But what you can focus on is another matter as you'll be stretching the bellows to its limit to focus to 6 feet.
paoduce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Fromm and Les, please let me thank both of you for your prompt and informative replies to my first communications with the Forum. I certainly can use the information you provided and will take it from here with this new knowledge. Hope I can do something for the group one of these days. Cheers! Dick Williams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: