Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Graphic Bed Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeenut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All:
I just received my Super Graphic and it's in a bit worse shape than I thought it would be.
The penultimate concern is the bed.
When I open the camera the bed drops as I think it should and firmly locks into place. However, the bed is NOT perpendicular to the body. It appears to have a few degrees of rise.
When I drop the bed to it's next position it looks right, dropping and snapping into place with a few degrees of fall.
So, my question is: Shouldn't I get a Horizontal (perpendicular to the body) position with the bed? Nothing appears bent or altered.
Is this normal?
Jeff
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the bed opened to the first position the bed should be exactly 90 degrees to the body. With bed in the drop position it should be 110 degrees.
Using a standard protractor along the body and putting the center reference point over the bed hinge pin, read the line formed where the bed cover meets the leather covering.
The bed braces are rivited to the bed. The bed brace clamps could have been reinstalled incorrectly; the bed hinge/tripod socket assembly could be improperly installed/shimed just to mention a few basic possibilites if angles are incorrect.
With bed opened to first lock position, does the standard slide out smoothly? Does a streight edge lie flat on front and rear sections of the rails with the rails in the fully retracted position?

Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2002-10-12 23:12 ]
skeenut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to send the camera back from whence it came.
The rails are not in a straight line, and the bed is definitely angled when fully open.
thanks,
Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: